1. Why should I select CIK service?
CIK is one of the fast growing company in Canada, every day there are hundreds of customers join our family because of the following reasons:
- Good customer service - all of our customer service Reps are trained to treat every customer as key players in making us succeed and we will do everything in our power to help customers in a timely matter. All of our policies are based on a fair and reasonable basis.
- We speak your languages – Current our customer support Rep can speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Hindi, Punjabi and Urdu 24/7 hours.
- Bundle service – CIK provides one bill and one support for internet, home phone, TV and long distance which will make your life much easier.
- 30 days warranty – CIK provides 30 days warranty for all residential internet, home phone and TV services.
- Hardware has life time warranty-All of the hardware CIK sales has life time warranty, i.e as long as you are a CIK customer, if your hardware is broken in normal usage, we will help you to replaced the hardware for free of charge.
- Lowest price – all of CIK products are the lowest price in the market.
- 24/7 hours support by phone, online and email – CIK is trying to service our customers by phone, online chat and email 7 days a week.
- Great Tech support – CIK tech support are organized at a different level. All customer issues are tracked by tickets and our customer representative will call back within 24 hours; customer’s problems will be solved within 48 hours.
- Innovative products – CIK is keeping developing new products and providing many unique products in the market, such as CIK 3 IN 1 HG-A800 wireless modem/phone box, wireless health scale, wireless cable modem etc.
2. What is CIK 30 day standard warranty?
CIK provides a standard 30 day warranty policy for new residential Internet, home phone and TV service.
For whatever reason, service can canceled within 30 days from the service activation date. The purchased hardware will be fully refunded (If returned within 7 days from the cancellation request in the original package). Any one-time charge such as a processing fee, activation fee, installation fee, upgrading fee, shipping fee, or a Bell/Rogers DMC charge are non-refundable and will be charged at full amount if waived or discounted. Fixed monthly service fee will be waived and variable charges such as long distance, usage charge or Pay Per View charge will be charged based on usage at normal rate.
This policy only applies to new customers only who install CIK service at the first time. It doesn't apply to a service reactivation in the same address or a DSL/Cable Conversion or customer moving to a new address.
3. What is the CIK standard hardware warranty?
From January 1st, 2011 all of CIK hardware must be received from CIK (Rental or No-Rental/Purchase), if it is required for using a CIK service. And all customers receive a life time warranty for all hardware purchased as long as customer keeps using CIK service. We provide complete end-to-end support for the hardware we provide during the life-time of your subscription with us.
Any defective hardware will be replaced free of charge (Broken hardware due to physical damage are not included in this warranty).
4. What is CIK hardware upgrading policy?
To keep up with new and evolving technology, CIK is constantly developing new hardware, which will be beneficial for our loyal customers. Customers who have used CIK services for over 2 years are qualified for a free upgrade for one of their CIK hardware devices to the latest generation CIK hardware device, by pre-paying for 1 year of service, or the customer qualifies to buy the latest generation hardware at 50% of the list price. Shipping and handling fee of $9.95-19.95 is required for the upgrade.
5. How much do I need to pay processing fee?
To cover the cost for service activation, shipping, installation, we are charging processing fee for new customers for different services:
- Bundle service – $69.95~$268.95+tax
- Internet service –$69.95+tax
- Home phone – $9.95+tax
- TV – 9.95$+tax
- All process fees will be charged and it is non-refundable.
6. How much do I need to pay for my order?
New customer first time order payment will include the following:
- Processing fee for service activation
- Equipment Charge – please contact our customer service to see how to get free hardware promotion
The first order payment must be received before order got processed. To make order payment online, click here.
7. How do I pay my monthly invoice?
Every month we will send out email notice for your current invoice and you can check your detailed invoice online from my CIK portal, to make payment for your monthly invoice, you might select the following options:
- Pay by Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) from your bank account. You need to fill up a PAD form or provide a copy of a void cheque and send it back to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your invoice payment will automatically be withdrawn from your bank account on the second date of the invoice issue date (if issue day falls on a weekend or holiday, the withdrawal will occur on the next business day. )
- Provide credit card and authorize us to charge automatic.
- Make payment online by credit card from my CIK.
- Make payment by credit card over the phone by calling our customer service and selecting Billing and Payment.
- Make a payment from your online banking account and select CIK Telecom as payee. All major Canadian banks are included: TD, Scotia bank, Royal bank, CIBC, HSBC ,National Bank, Laurentian Bank of Canada and Desjardins Group. Put your order ID as account. Please allow at least 24 hours for us to receive payment from the bank.
- Pay by Cheque – Please send out the cheque as early as possible.
- Pay by Cash or Debit – Cash is accepted in every CIK customer support centre, corporate store or authorized dealer store. To the check the available location in your area, please click here.
- We appreciate you making payments on time to avoid service interruption. Effective from May 1st, 2019, for the promotion plan with auto pay discount, if the pre-authorized payment method is declined , the promotion discount will be removed. If your service is disconnected due to payment issues, restoring your service would require you to a pay reactivation fee of $65 within 7 business days. You might want to consider to keep 1 month service fee deposit with us in order to avoid service interruption due to non-payment issues.
8. Why does my first invoice is bigger than my monthly fee?
CIK Invoices are generated on the 2nd day of service activation date, and bill for 1-month service fee. eg: if your service is activated on May 6th, your first invoice will be on May 7th and it will bill your service charge from May 6th till June 5th, the second invoice will be issued on June 7th.
Your first CIK invoice might be larger as it might include two month charge from the day your service activated till then end of next month.
All invoices are charged with provincial and Federal tax on top of the invoice amount.
9. What is my billing cycle?
CIK billing cycle is based on calendar month. Your invoices are generated first day of each month to include the monthly fee of the current month plus the variable charge of previous month. For first invoice of new customers, it would also include the previous month monthly fee pro-rated by days since the service activation day.
10. How do I track my shipment?
All CIK shipment are provided tracking number which you can check from www.canadapost.ca for the status.
11. Do I receive monthly invoice?
At the beginning of every month, we will send you notice of invoice amount by email and you need to login into My CIK account to check invoice details.
12. Can I receive paper bill for my invoice?
Current we are only sending invoice and statement notices to all customers at the beginning of every month by email and you can always check detailed current and previous invoices online from www.ciktel.com.
13. Can I get discount for processing fee if I pick up devices?
Sorry, due to the processing fee is to cover many different costs so we are not able to give discount if new customer wants to pick up the devices from any stores or CIK locations.
14. When CIK charge my first bill after my service activate?
CIK Invoices are generated on the 2nd day of service activation date, and bill for 1-month service fee. For eg: if your service is activated on May 6th, your first invoice will be on May 7th and it will bill your service charge from May 6th till June 5th, the second invoice will be issues on June 7th.
15. Will I be notified by CIK once my term ends?
Some of CIK plans might have one year term which has been showing in the printed order when you signed up, therefore we will not notice you separately. After 1 year, it is becoming month to month basis without term.
16. Do I need to return my hardware after I cancel my CIK service?
CIK provides two hardware options for customer to use CIK CPE: 1) Purchase 2) Rental/Free Rental
If you have made an Internet/TV/Home phone service cancellation request within 30 days from activation, you MUST return the hardware with original package within 7 days of the cancellation request for a refund. Restocking fee will be applied if hardware is returned without the original package or is missing parts. For rental/free rental option, hardware purchase fees will be applied if the hardware is not returned as requested.
If the Internet/TV/Home phone service cancellation request is made after the period of CIK 30 days standard service warranty:
- For the purchased hardware, hardware return is not required and no refund will be made;
- For rental/free rental option, you must return the hardware with all accessories within 7 days of the cancellation request to avoid additional charges; or a hardware purchase fee will be applied if hardware is not returned as requested. If you wish to keep the hardware, you can notify us and an original or discount price might be available. To get to know whether your hardware is purchased or rental/free rental, you can look at the plan details we shipped with the hardware prior to your activation date, or contact our customer service.
17. Will CIK perform a credit on all the plans or special promotions?
CIK will perform a credit check on specific plans only for the time being. As a customer you will be asked to let us perform a credit check before processing your order, in the future CIK might start performing credit check for all future promotions or plans.
18. What is considered as a good credit score for CIK?
Our system will process customer's credit data through a highly tenured third party credit bureau and return as "qualified", "not qualified", or "no result". CIK is not able to determine if a customer has good credit or not by themselves.
19. Will the credit check effect my credit rating ?
The required credit check has almost zero impact on our customer's credit rating unless the customer has performed many credit checks in a very short time period. CIK is only performing a credit check once per customer.
20. What happens if I fail the credit check or don't want to perform a credit check?
Credit Check is Required, in case of failure or not wanting to perform a credit check, a deposit of $100 is required. Deposit will be released after 2 years after subject to good payment history or upon cancellation after applying the final invoice.
21. Do we report the negative score to the credit agencies?
No, CIK does not report any credit score to other third parties. The result is for the customer's eyes only.
22. How much amount do we have to deposit in the case of low score or no credit check?
The amount for the service deposit is $100 + tax
23. When does the credit check occur?
Credit check occurs when customer signs up for our services. To sign up, the customer has to fill in the credit card information on our sign-up page or go through sign-up with our representatives over the phone.
24. How will I know if passed the credit check?
The results will be shown only to the customer which will show either: "Qualified", "Not Qualified", or "No Result"
25. Will I be getting any interest on my Deposit?
There is no interest to obtained over the deposit over the period on which CIK holds onto the deposit.